Sunday, January 23, 2011


Gonna have to Face it,
(I'm addicted to powder)

I wear a considerable amount of make up.
My complexion is very fair.
My eyelashes are fortunately long yet clear, like fishing line.
My brows are sparse ( I over-plucked in a Harlow inspired frenzy, but that's another story).
I'm all eyes, brow and lips.
I despise heavy foundation makeup and prefer a light weight powder for my face.
That being said, I go through compacts like they are going out of style.
At the bitter end of each compact, there resides a corona of untouched powder.
I made it a mission to figure out how to use it so I started saving the compacts.
At the end of this past year with my crazy drawer ritual (see blog: Three Dried Muds)
I had a stack of compacts towered and teetering soon to become an avalanche.
Time to take action tout de suite.
Tools:
White ceramic mortar and pestle
An orange stick
Bounty of compacts
Into the kitchen to commence my experiment!
I take the orange stick and chisel out all of the powder out of each compact and empty into the mortar.
I totally spaced which one was the mortar and which was the pestle and had to google it.
The bowl is the mortar;)
Then crush, crush, crush said powder.
I cannot believe how much powder was saved!
Now, where to put it???
I'm a pushover for packaging and had purchased a powder just for the box and brush.
Perf! I emptied out the powder I wasn't so keen on and replaced it with my new powder.
I did forget to note that this little endeavor renders your powder loose.
So, if you don't like loose powder, don't waste your precious time.









No comments:

Post a Comment